Reflection: Spending on my hobby and how my hobby is helping me grow as a Christian Woman

It's funny how when I finally stop ignoring God's message because I know listening means giving up something I love, God gives me reasons why I shouldn't give up that something.

This reminds me so much of Abraham and Isaac's story.


The reading for May 29, 2018 was about selling possessions, giving to the poor and following Jesus. God has been telling me in various ways to stop spending on my hobby. A hobby that I have loved even as a kid, and has helped me though my post partum depression. Aside from spending, my hobby is taking time that I could be spending with him in prayer, in service, or even with my children. I didn't want to listen because I've been telling myself that self care is important, and that this hobby keeps the anger and the ugly thoughts at bay.


I finally listened and I started writing my reflection down, talking to God, being intentional in my faith, when suddenly I get the messagr that my hobby is indeed good and that I should keep it. This hobby has helped mentally and spiritually. When my prayer life was flickering, this hobby has covered the wind of indifference, apathy, and fatigue. I always had my bujo where the desire to keep my tracker has encouraged me to keep on reading the daily readings, back track when I skip days.

My journals where always there to be written on whenever inspiration strikes.
My faith stamps, though I barely use it, reminds me of God's love whenever I read the messages on the set.

And the greatest thing that this hobby brought me, I met people with the same desire to be closer to God. When I had the idea of having a group to help us be more accountable in our faith, and to share our spiritual journey with, it was received with a great response and I am now in a group where people pray for you and help you with your faith.

God gave me solid reasons why my hobby is awesome, He just wants me to use it more for his greater glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revampimg my new Craft Nook: Phase 1

Prima Watercolor Confections Decadent Pies for coloring

An attempt for Bathroom Sessions