Bento Day 4 - Playful Puppy Bento



Today's bento took me about 7 minutes to make, 10 minutes tops. Quite a record actually. I wasn't able to get up early to make a bento. I also had no idea what to make for today's bento, so everything was out of whim and very simple, the concept just even popped out of my head. Not planned at all.
Playful puppy bento



bento day 4

Today's Bento Menu:
  • Cheese Stuffed Onigiri
  • Century Tuna Octodogs (fail)
  • Various shabu shabu meats
  • Chopped Green Olive
  • Tamagoyaki
My cheese stuffed onigiri is just actually plain rice with bits of cheese inside. Didn't have the time to sear the rice, let alone flavor it. I was so lacking in time.

My proteins for today aren't really healthy, unless you consider the fact that the octodogs are made out of tuna hot dogs. The shabu shabu meats are left overs fro last night's shabu shabu dinner. They were already cut in half last night to minimize cooking time. I can't remember which is which for the shabu shabu meats, since we buy them by packs and they're already in assorted variants. Doesn't matter though. The surprise of flavor adds to the mystique of the bento. Usually, we fry these babies in our shabu shabu, but since I'm opting for a healthier lunch, I boiled everything. Didn't even bother using flavored water. It's just plain water. Straight from the faucet into the pot.

My Tamagoyaki is about 5 days old already, just sitting in the freezer.  I got the recipe and procedure for my tamagoyaki from lunchinabox.net, I didn't have dashi stock, so I used the soup from 5 night ago's dinner, Tinolang Manok. It tastes great though!



My Bento Story:
Like I said, everything was on a whim today, including my Playful Puppy Concept. I so wanted to make a face in my bento today so I just chopped up an olive and placed it on my onigiri and then just tossed everything inside my bento. When I got in the office, I tried fixing up my bento and try making something out of my bento. At first I wanted it to be a horse, but in the end it looked more like a thin piglet, so I though, hey why not make it a puppy who wants to have its tummy scratched?

Overall, I wasn't expecting a scrumptious lunch, and I was correct with that. Taste was really bland. Needed lots of ketchup. It would be great to have a ketchup and cheese onigiri though! I'll take a mental note of that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think your bento box and passion for food is neat. Keep it up!
knicnax said…
Thank you. :) I haven't had time to do bentos but your vote of confidence motivates me to go bento-ing again. Thanks

Popular posts from this blog

Revampimg my new Craft Nook: Phase 1

Prima Watercolor Confections Decadent Pies for coloring

An attempt for Bathroom Sessions