Revampimg my new Craft Nook: Phase 1

 We moved back to my parents' place immediately after I gave birth to my darling baby girl. So far it is one of the best decisions we have made as a family!

Moving houses means a new craft nook layout, I was pretty nervous about how I'll set up my craft nook, especially my video rig, because the last time we stayed here, we were staying in the smallest room. Back then it was enough for our small family. That was also back when my craft stash was really small.

Noq, my parents let us stay in my childhood room that I used to share with my sister. I love it because it's the 3rd (or maybe 2nd) largest room in the house. The down side is, we can't remove the big, old TV cabinet and bookshelf, which means we dont really have that much space working for us because our bed is humongous.

In the end, I settled for using the small bookshelf as our cabinet. Some parts of the TV cabinet are being used for our clothes, baby things and craft storage.

I placed my table in one corner of the room because it's literally the only place it can be in. Unfortunately it's the side of the room where the paint is washed out and peeling.

How it looks makes me anxious so I've been itching to get the room repainted.



Our house is old and needs a lot of repair. The roof and ceiling in my room needs to be fixed badly. The water comes down on the walls and ceiling when it's raining. I couldn't have it repainedt it or put wallpaper up because I know the rain will just ruin it.

My husband and I had the roof and ceiling fixed when we had enough cash (and just in time before monsoon season started). I was finally able to put wallpaper temporarily while I save up to have the room repainted. I love the white wallpaper with a subtle floral design. Too bad it's the last roll. I wasn't able to cover a large area. I got the self-adhering wall paper from DIY Hardware.

I must say, the wallpaper did a lot to change the way i feel when planning. I now feel relaxed and happy! There is a stark difference between how it was before to how it looks now.


  
My washi rolls used to be in a small plastic box. I rarely use them because I'm too lazy to get the box out and fish for washi. I decided to display my washi and I've been using them more now.



I bought a drift wood dish holder from Japan Home. Since it's drift wood, it's very light which is perfect for hanging on the wall. I used 3M's outdoor double sided tape which is a really strong double sided adhesive.

The only down side with this setup is that I usually catch my son playing with the rolls! Haha


A new but very useful addition to my desk is a small trash can. My mom got this for my daughter when wegot home from the hospital and havent finished bringingbour things here. This bin is for my daughter's diaper changes, so we have a place to corral all those dirty cotton balls and diapers. Since we're not using it any more, I placed it on my desk and personalized it by sticking a sticker that my friend Janis made for us. It's an inside joke within our circle and it reminds me of how much our friendship have grown.



I also changed my desk caddy from the DIY one that I made from a corrugated box, to these clear acrylic cases that I found around the room when I cleaned it. My sister left a bunch of stuff in our room when she got married and moved out. I asked her if I can have them, of course she said yes :)


I significantly decreased the items in my desk so it's tidier. The acrylic cases also gave the impression that the desk is bigger.

The other things that used to be on my caddy, I placed them inside small drawers that I put in the small shelf I got off from Shopee. The shelf is made with compressed, shaved wood so it's not that sturdy. I find it weird that there isn't any support at the bottom shelf to help prop up the top part of the shelf. The shelf looks nice but the technical design is poor. I took the small drawers I bought from Japan Home 2 years ago that I use for our medical supplies to help prop up the top shelf. Since the boards of the shelf is just compressed wood, it can't take on a lot of weight. I put the drawers in the bottom shelf and added pieces of corrguated board under it so it fits snuggly. The drawrs will help strenthen the board holdinh up the top shelf so that it doesn't warp and bend with all the weight. I was able to fit 2 drawers and I put them on the side where my planners and journals are because that is where most of the weight is.


I love how my craft nook turned out. This is just phase 1 of my Craft Nook Revamp and it's making me even more excited to finish revamping my craft nook.

Next up: Ink pads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prima Watercolor Confections Decadent Pies for coloring

An attempt for Bathroom Sessions