Super Easy Biscuits

This biscuit is my go to recipe for when I want to eat bread or cupcakes but I'm too lazy to bake or I don't have all the ingredients I need. All it takes to make these are: Flour, baking powder, butter, and milk. Everything is a kitchen staple! I use evaporated milk to make it more rich and creamy!

Of course the crumb is not the same as bread made with yeast or a moist cake but it would definitely do if you need a quick fix.

You know how when a craving hits you hard (read: PMS) and you just want one now and you don't have time to proof bread, don't have the energy to whip up a cake, and definitely don't want to go out and buy anything? Oh boy did these biscuits save me!

The biscuits are best eaten on the same day, but then again, these taste so good they wont last the entire day! I've been making this since I was in 2nd year college and whenever I made a batch, I had to set aside a few pieces to make sure I had baon for the next day! haha!




I used to eat these plain or with butter with a steaming mug of Milo or tea. When I got married, Kitty and I decided to up the game and use different toppings for the biscuits. Since we're night owls and nowhere to buy nice toppings, we used what we had on hand - butter, strawberry jam, (homemade) mango sauce, and tablea. 

The tablea needed more work, had to break them down and mix the powder with cream cheese and sugar to make it more palatable. I loved the one with mango sauce the best! Sweet with a little hint of sourness! It's just perfect!




Ready to make it? Check out the recipe below and let me know how it turns out!


print recipe

Super Easy Biscuits
A quick and easy biscuit recipe with ingredients from pantry staples
Ingredients
  • 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 cup Butter
  • 3/4 cup Milk (preferably evaporated milk)
Instructions
1. Preheat oven at 230C.2. Mix together flour and baking powder3. Slice butter into small cubes and add to the flour mixture. Use a fork to mash the butter and and flour mixture together. D4. Slowly mix in milk. Dough will be moist and lumpy5. Spoon on baking trays. I used silicone mini muffin trays.6. Bake for 8-10 minutes7.Optional: Put desired toppings or serve with a sauce/dip on the side
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 12 small biscuits

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revampimg my new Craft Nook: Phase 1

Prima Watercolor Confections Decadent Pies for coloring

An attempt for Bathroom Sessions