What makes a relationship strong?

I haven't blogged for a few weeks already, I was pre-occupied with a lot of things, and love seems to be the number 1 culprit that drains me of my time.

Bry and I are almost turning two, but it feels like it's been forever. I dunno if it's even a good feeling or not. Is it good because it seems that we know each other well now. It feels like we can overcome anything. It feels like we're strong. On the other hand, you know the saying time flies when you're having fun? If it feels like forever, then does it follow that I'm not having fun?

Then I wondered how do we keep a relationship strong? It doesn't matter whether it's romantic or not. Love may be of different forms, but it's still love. How do we keep the fires burning?


Is it need? Like how we need our parents? Is it what makes relationships strong?

I personally don't think it is the need. If love were based on need, then everyone is unhappy. If you need someone to complete you, if you need someone to do something for you, then you'll be very unhappy, because your happiness will depend on someone else, who can easily fail you. Who can break your heart, unintentionally


Is it the feeling? Like how endorphins rush in when we see our loved one? Is it what relationships last long?

If love was based on feelings only, what will happen when the times get tough? When there are challenges? When loving hurts like hell? If the feeling of "love" is gone, is it over? I remember asking bry before why he loves me, he answered "kasi gusto ko" (because I want to). It was the best answer I ever heard from anyone. His answer brought me to 7th heaven! The feeling that someone wants you in their lives because they just want to is pure bliss. He doesn't need me, but he wants me to be with him. Wow!


Is it trust? Is it the small gestures? Is it the grand gestures? Is it lust?

It could be a lot of things. A lot of things to make a relationship strong and last until your dying day.

What the secret ingredient is, I have no idea, but I hope that we have it. 14 days :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revampimg my new Craft Nook: Phase 1

Prima Watercolor Confections Decadent Pies for coloring

An attempt for Bathroom Sessions