Prima Watercolor Confections Decadent Pies for coloring

I got my order of Prima Watercolor Decadent Pies last June 11, 2018 and I'm super excited to try it out. It's my second artist grade watercolor (Peerless was my first, check out my review here ) and I'm very excited to try it!

Prima Watercolors are marketed to the crafting, card-making, scrap-booking, and coloring community. When you look for reviews in the watercolor art community, you wont see a lot of reviews for the brand.

The watercolor is advertised as artist grade, high-quality, and highly pigmented. The company hasn't disclosed the type or source of pigments so there are no technical details about the light-fastness of the watercolors, which I believe is one of the factors why this brand hasn't infiltrated the watercolor art community yet.

The watercolors are packaged to be an on-the-go watercolor palette. It comes in a nice black tin can with an aluminum finger hold at the bottom.


When you open the tin, there's another aluminum cover that swings open that serves as your mixing palette. What's great about it is that it has grooves so that the water doesn't easily spill on you.



The tin can contains 12 half-pans of watercolor. I love the Decadent Pies set because the colors are on the vintage-y side. I just wish they had a red and a purple, or even just a red one, so I can mix more colors.


I really love the shimmery watercolors included in the Decadent Pies set. There's a pearl, silver, gold, and bronze. The silver isn't as pigmented as the gold or the bronze though. At first I thought it was just to add some shimmer.



Since i'm not really good and drawing and sketching, I grabbed my Prima Princess Zara stamp and inked it up with Versafine Onyx Black. I stamped it on a cream watercolor paper and started coloring.


Coming from the Peerless watercolor, this set isn't as pigmented, but I didn't expect it to be like Peerless anyway.

I loved coloring with it so much that I made another one a few minutes after I finished the first.

Here I used the Prima Princess Olivia Stamp



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Revampimg my new Craft Nook: Phase 1

An attempt for Bathroom Sessions